NAIDOC SA Award Nomination Form
NAIDOC is a time of celebration for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and provides an opportunity to showcase cultural heritage and achievements.
The NAIDOC Awards recognise the achievements and contributions of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in their chosen field.
If you know an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who deserves to be recognised for their contribution, whether it be; providing leadership, promoting culture or community development, please complete the nomination form for the South Australian NAIDOC Awards.
All Award recipients will receive a decorative award and a voucher or equivalent, valued at five hundred dollars. Entries for NAIDOC SA Awards close on Friday 17th June 2022.
Guidelines For Eligibility (Excluding Business Of The Year / Caring For Country / LGBTIQ Person Of The Year / Lifetime Achievement)
Please nominate individuals by using the following selection criteria:
- Nominees for NAIDOC SA Awards must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Applicants for the Young Person of the Year Award must be aged between 17-25 years of age.
- Applicants for the Elder of the Year Award must be aged 60 years and over.
- The Scholar of the Year Award will be judged on achievement in secondary and tertiary achievement.
- Nominees for the Apprenticeship / Traineeship Award must have completed their formal Apprenticeship / Traineeship or comparable training in the 12 months prior to NAIDOC Week 2022. Proof of completion should be included.
- Only visual or performing artists including musicians are eligible for the Artist of the Year.
- Presentation of the NAIDOC 2022 Awards will be made at the South Australian NAIDOC Awards Luncheon at the Adelaide Convention Centre on Monday 4th July 2022.
- Award recipients are required to be available for photos and media opportunities.